AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Audi A6 Quattro: new question for you tonight! my wifes 03

new question for you tonight! my wifes 03 A6 3.0 has intermediate low oil dash light but oil is always fine. guessing sending unit is the issue. Do you recall where it is located? and what part number I should look for? Does this one ( 1J0907660B ) match?
Category: Audi
Expert:  AudiDoc replied 1 year ago.

AudiDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

AudiDoc :

hello again!

Customer:

evening Jason

Customer:

what do you think of my issue with Wifes car? am i on track?

AudiDoc :

let me check the part number real quick

AudiDoc :

it definitely needs a level sender. I'll give details in a sec

Customer:

okay

AudiDoc :

Actually, it's now 1J0 907 660C

AudiDoc :

And don't use the Hella aftermarket version, as that one does not have oil temperature measurement built into it

AudiDoc :

use the Audi one

AudiDoc :

retails for $106.65

AudiDoc :

now, it's fitted directly into the bottom of the pan with 3 10mm bolts

AudiDoc :

So might as well wait until the next oil change, since you have to drain the oil anyway

Customer:

ok, perfect... I will go search for that part number

AudiDoc :

sounds good. Just make sure it's Audi OE or Meyle-branded

Customer:

and if it doesnt say that then it propably isnt correct?

AudiDoc :

definitely.

AudiDoc :

Audi or Meyle only

AudiDoc :

meaning Autozone, etc won't have the right one

Customer:

I see some on ebay for less than $30 dollars that match the part number so I am guessing they are the cheap ones

AudiDoc :

nope, definitely not.

AudiDoc :

For what it's worth, I use the Audi versions, even though my profit margin is pretty skinny on them

AudiDoc :

just to keep folks happy

Customer:

okay, I will just run to the audi dealer on this one

AudiDoc :

even in my own car (2 weeks ago)

Customer:

sounds good, thanks again Jason

AudiDoc :

Glad to help again, Doug

Customer:

enjoy your weekend. FYI, I got a replacement headlight today for my 05 so hoping to finish that this weekend if the stars align

AudiDoc :

Great to hear. Please let me know how it went!

AudiDoc :

and thanks. Have a good weekend also

AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience: I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop