Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician
Experience:  10 years in Vw and Audi Field
22815973

Audi: i have oil ,I believe, in my coolant reservoir. 2001

i have oil ,I believe, in my coolant reservoir. 2001 Audi S4, runs perfectly, no overheating, no loss of power, no coolant in oil
Welcome to Just Answer!!

We have seen this issue many times you need to replace the oil cooler and also the coolant reservoir, since the reservoir is contaminated even a flush will not help it you need to make sure you completely run a water flush trough the system a couple times after the oil cooler is replaced. I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to provide excellent feedback for the help provided thank you !!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
coolant reservoir was replaced, with related hoses-wasnt aware of oil cooler. where is it and approx how much to R&R?

The oil cooler is where the oil filter attach's to it has 2 coolant hoses attached to the side of it also its about $100 for the part and about $150 to replace with the flush included. I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to provide excellent feedback for the time and help provided tonight thank you!