Hi again, thank you for your reply -
Thats great -so I will give you the removal instructions - and then you obviously strip the cluster when its out - and repair as you find...
Here are teh instructions for you - note it shows a LHD model and the clocks might look slightly different - the instructs' are identical though ..
(Please ignore the first two "view image" links- they are blanks)
Instrument Cluster, Removing and InstallingNOTE:
|2001 Audi A6 tdi|
| Instrument Cluster / Carrier|
| Service and Repair, Procedures: Removal and Installation|
- Do not disassemble instrument cluster
- It is not necessary to remove the steering wheel to remove the instrument cluster.Removing
- Determining input values for replacing the instrument cluster.
- Completely pull out steering wheel with the adjustment mechanism and move (adjust) downward.
- Press cover -1- upward at side and then remove cover from instrument panel.
- Remove Phillips head screws -1-.
- Pull out instrument cluster toward front.
- Cut cable ties at rear of instrument cluster.
- Unclip securing latches of connectors and disconnect connectors.Installing
Installation is reverse of removal, noting the following:
- Connect electrical harness connectors and affix wiring harness to rear of instrument cluster with cable ties.
- After installation, perform a function test of the instrument cluster.
So I hope that all helps you with that - again let me know if you need anything more -
Please dont forget to click the Accept/ smiley for now as thats how Im credited for helping you - Thank you..
Best Rgds, MIKE