Roman
Roman, Technician
Experience:  over 20 years vw audi and porsche technical repair
35071616

2003 A4 Cabriolet: 3.0 lite V-6..40,000 miles..acceleration..jump

I have a 2003 A4 Cabriolet, 3.0 lite V-6 (not a quattro), automatic. It has 40,000 miles on the clock. The transmission appears to hesitate occasionally on acceleration and then when coming to a stop, just before the car stops, there is an apparent jump in the transmission as though the car had suddeenly down shifted. I had the coils replaced and the transmission oil lushed and replaced at an Audi dealership. Their recommendaion was to live with it or replace the transmission. Is this problem common with the CVT?
Category: Audi
Expert:  replied 5 years ago.

Roman :

Hello , Here to answer automotive questions and make you feel comfortable and become familiar with your product

Roman :

The problem is inside the clutch pack of the trans. you can rebuild it with the updated parts or replace the entire trans.That is the only solution.

Roman :

very common in audi cvt

Customer:

What is the cause of this problem? Design or car owner? If I do nothing will it get worse? Ruin the transmission?

Customer:

Which is cheaper, rebuild or new? Will it happen again?

Roman :

Design.

Roman :

You must renew with upgraded parts, or replace the trans. that has been reaired with upgraded parts. Basically the same price. but the rebuild only gets the parts that are needed.

Roman :

It will happen again only if the trans was not rebuilt correctly

Roman :

you will never get a BRAND NEW unit, they are always rebuilt. brand new is more expensive