chrisEvw
chrisEvw, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  vw certified tech with 9 years experiance and large amount of experience with audi
56642650

2004 audi tt: my gas lid..I push the release button..tailgate

I have a 2004 audi tt and Im about to run out of gas. Unfortunately my gas lid is not opening when I push the release button. The tailgate is also not working. Is there a manual way to open it , so i can get gas ?
Category: Audi
Expert:  chrisEvw replied 2 years ago.

chrisEvw :

hello and thank you for contacting just answers.

chrisEvw :

your fuel lid and your tailgate won't open?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

the tailgate will open with the key...

chrisEvw :

do you have a hatch back or convertable

Customer:

hatchback

chrisEvw :

oh ok I thought you ment you have no way of hetting into the trunk

Customer:

no I need gas and cant open the lid on the gas tank

chrisEvw :

ok Your going to have to remove the passenger side trunk trim or atleast pull it aside then you can reach in and get a hold of the fuel door acctuator. then you can pull the lever back which will release the door

Customer:

I did it!!!! awesome, thankyou!!!!

chrisEvw :

it will look somthing like this

Full Size Image

chrisEvw :

oh ok your welcome sorry chat didn't come up till I sent that.

Customer:

It was actually a wire with a gas pump picture on it> i just pulled the wire and it released

chrisEvw :

oh ok well glad it worked out for you.

chrisEvw :

have a good night.

chrisEvw, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: vw certified tech with 9 years experiance and large amount of experience with audi