chrisEvw
chrisEvw, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  vw certified tech with 9 years experiance and large amount of experience with audi

2003 audi a6 quattro: a keyless remote fob..chip..remote key..locks

How do I program a keyless remote fob for this 2003 audi a6 quattro? I have a key with chip that works, the remote key also works - both work as in operating locks and starting the car. I want to program the keyless remote so the buttons functions. The battery in the remote is 3.0v and works - replaced it.
Category: Audi
Expert:  chrisEvw replied 2 years ago.

chrisEvw :

hello and thank you for contacting just answers.

chrisEvw :

If you are only trying to code a new remote here is the procedure. If the ignition key portion needs to be coded then you have to have a dealer or locksmith do it.

chrisEvw :

1. Switch Ignition ON and leave the key in the ignition.

2. Mechanically lock the vehicle using

the Drivers door with a second key.

3. Using the remote control press the Unlock

button once, and the horn will sound once.

4. Wait 6 seconds and press the unlock button once to activate the

coding procedure.(The remote control will now be programmed).

* If programming 2 remotes press the unlock button twice on the

second remote with one second interval between each press.

* If programming 3 remotes press the unlock button three times

on the third remote...etc..etc..

5. Switch Ignition OFF.

6. Remove key from ignition and check for operation.

7. The coding procedure can be repeated up to 4 times for additional

remotes.

8. The ignition must be switched OFF between programming each

remote.

chrisEvw :

I hope that my help has been satisfactory, If so please remember to hit green accept button and remember all feedback is welcome and appreciated. ACCEPTING IS HOW WE GET COMPENSATED FOR sharing our time and experience with you. (bonuses are greatly appreciated). I strive for 100% satisfaction. If unsure or unhappy with my answer please feel free to contact me through this question or at http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chris-e-vw/ Thank you for contacting Just answers. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Customer:

HI -

Customer:

this is not working for some reason - any other suggestions?

chrisEvw, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: vw certified tech with 9 years experiance and large amount of experience with audi
Expert:  Roman replied 2 years ago.

Hello ,
Here to answer automotive questions and make you feel comfortable and become familiar with your product

it is better to use a scan tool to clear all the previous attempts stored in memory in the system. and start over again .

Try this one :

2. Mechanically lock the vehicle using the Drivers door using a second
key.

3. Using the remote control press the Unlock button once, and the horn
will sound once.

4. Wait 6 seconds and press the unlock button once to activate the coding
procedure. The remote control will now be programmed.

NOTE : When performing programming on additional remotes the procedure
is the same, except you press the unlock button 2, 3 or 4 times for the
different remote.

For example : If programming 2 remotes press the unlock button twice with
a 1 second interval between each press, repeat for 3 and 4 remotes.

5. Switch Ignition OFF.

7. The coding procedure can be repeated up to 4 times for additional remotes.

8. The ignition must be switched OFF between programming each remote
control.

Remote Control Erasing (1997 ON)

Procedure

key.

3. Press the remote control unlock button 5 times in 1 second intervals.
A short horn will sound.

4. Wait 6 seconds and press the unlock button once to activate memory
erase.

5. Switch ignition OFF, all remotes are now erased.

Expert:  Roman replied 2 years ago.
hello how is it going?
Expert:  Roman replied 2 years ago.

you will have to erase ALL of the remotes stored in memory 1st

follow the procedure above

it will work