AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

P0741 tcc stuck off code on 2001 audi a6

p0741 tcc stuck off code on 2001 audi a6
Category: Audi
Expert:  AudiDoc replied 2 years ago.

AudiDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

AudiDoc :

Did you use an OEM converter?

Customer:

no, rebuilt original

AudiDoc :

I've had more than my share of problems with reman converters. At this point, there are only two that I trust anymore. Either OEM, or one from Level 10 transmissions

Customer:

the unit worked great for two weeks and now delays into reverse cold and has code p0741

AudiDoc :

sounds like the seal blew out of the converter again, and fluid pressure is low as a result

AudiDoc :

now let me ask you this. Did you do your own work or have a shop do all of this?

Customer:

is this a common problem. any detail on the valve body

Customer:

a shop

AudiDoc :

well, when the shop did the trans overhaul, did they take a very good look at the conductor strip at the rear of the valve body, and check all of the solenoid connectors?

AudiDoc :

as long as the solenoids are good, the conductor strip is good, and the large round twist lock connector at the front left of the trans pan is good, with no pin corrosion, it's time to pull the converter again

Customer:

yes and are looking at the valve body again

AudiDoc :

I still have a strong feeling that it's going to need a replacement converter. I assume they're going to cover this?

Customer:

yes

AudiDoc :

good thing.

AudiDoc :

is there any further information I can provide?

Customer:

no

AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience: I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop