snapontech
snapontech, Technician
Experience:  2 Year Automotive Degree Custom Tuning and experience with Audi and all of VAG motors
49697172

Audi a4 s line my emission control system warning light has

Customer Question

my emission control system warning light has came on on my audi a4 s line avant auto/tiptronic. since it has been on my car sometimes doesn't accelerate as it should. the rev counter goes up but the car sometimes doesn't seem to change gear. what is the problem?
Category: Audi
Expert:  snapontech replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer, My name is Danny I am here to help.

What does the image of the icon look like on the dash?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
an engine.
The vehicle is in limp home mode that is why its not responding or shifting properly. This can be a wide range of things anywhere from a bad speed sensor to a bad throttle body. You need to have the engine codes pulled from the computer using a VAG COM scanner to the OBD port this will tell you what caused the error and than you can fix it properly. You can reset the codes which will remove it from limp home mode by disconnecting the battery pos and neg for 5 minutes touch them together before reconnecting the cables to the battery than its reset but if the problem is not fixed there is a good chance it will come right back on but you could try this if you need to get it to the shop and cant make it in limp mode. Thanks

Danny
______________________________________________________________________________
I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posted in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the news is not what we want it to be and can be expensive and disapponting, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-automotivedoctor/ beginning your question with “Snapontech"