AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Audi Quattro: Location of gearbox ECU..A6..Avant

Location of gearbox ECU for Audi Quattro A6 2.4 Avant Auto 2000. (where is it located and how to remove).
Thanks in anticipation.
Hello there. You will need to remove the driver's seat to begin to gain access to the TCU. It's held in by 4 bolts, one at the end of each seat rail. Then you need to remove the door entry moulding. This is the panel at the bottom of the door opening. Once you have these two things out of the way, you'll need to prise the carpet up, and have a few blocks of wood to keep it up and out of the way. The TCU is located in a black plastic box under this carpet. You can't miss it. Let me know if I can be of further help
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Many thanks for that. Was told it was located under the car and needed to go on a ramp.

Is the failure of this unit the most likely cause of loosing all drive?
If I replace it with a secondhand unit of the same, will it require reprogramming?

Thanks agein in anticipation, Joe
Usually, the only time that would be the cause of losing all power transmission would be if that box or clamshell got full of water. However, I've seen stranger things. If you get the same part number out of the same car, possibly not. However, I often have to change soft-coding when I replace with used parts.