Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Experience:  Senior Audi Master Tech 15 yrs

2003 Audi A4: trouble code P0761 shift solenoid C performance or stuck

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Audi A4 and trouble code P0761 shift solenoid C performance or stuck off what does that mean and how do i fix it
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 years ago.

Eurocar Inc :

hello there!

Eurocar Inc :

how many miles do you have on your vehicle?

Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Experience: Senior Audi Master Tech 15 yrs
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 years ago.
hello again !!!

how many miles on your vehicle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it only has 100560
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 years ago.
ok !! before this acted up on you was there any abnormal shifting go on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no not at all i stopped at a stop sign and went to take off and all around the PRNDS got highlighted and acted like it was stuck in 3 gear and than ever since I have been have more problems and than I hook it up to my diagnostic computer and clear the code and its fine for a while
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 years ago.
ok there is a great possibility that the solenoid valve is sticking causing the fault

now here is the tricky part the mileage of the vehicle and the condition of the fluid!!

in order to correct this the valve body needs to be replaced!!

here is the catch what caused the solenoid to stick something coming apart inside the transmission???

you might get away just replacing the valve body , fluid and filter and can be k or there is more to the transmission !!!

if the fluid smells and looks burnt then you are looking at a transmission replacement!!

I think i have answered you question fully and deposits does not pay me in full until the green accept button is pressed for the consultation

thank you for you support in JustAnswer and have a great day

p.s. please do not forget the feedback and bonuses are greatly appreciated!!
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 years ago.

Excuse me sir!!! That was not necessary there at all !!

I can see you are upset but do you want me to lead you to a wild goose chase on this matter ?

I have given a straight and up front answer to your situation and gave you warnings what can lead to so you can weigh your options!!!

I'm sorry to tell the truth!!
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry to tell the truth!!