Audi expert
Audi expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs experience, ase certified, shop owner

Audi a6: unlock..safe mode and i have the vin #..radio serial

I need an unlock code for my radio, its an audi a6 2000 its on safe mode and i have
the vin # XXXXX XXXXX and symphony radio serial # XXXXX XXXXX please help.....

any one??????????????
Category: Audi
Expert:  Audi expert replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.I can take care of this for you was no problem , Do me a favor And just double checked the serial number on the radio . One of the digits must be off . I will try a couple possible combinations and I will have the code for you in about an hour
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
is there supposed to be a certain amount of digits?
You have the correct amount it just did not go into my system. If you would just double checked and read the number off the radio or can thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
auz5z4y0099319
Okay thank you I'll get right back to you probably about 1hr
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
if you dont mind my asking, you are going be get finding me an unlock code and be giving me instructions on how to fix this problem right buddy?
yes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay sounds great.. I'll check back in about an hour or so. Thanks in advance for your time and effort!Cool

I don't have the code yet but here's the procedure that you will use
Entering Anti-Theft Code

Audi Concert Radio

Entering Anti-theft Code

The following is the procedure to re-activate the radio if the display shows "SAFE". It is important that the procedure be followed in the correct order.

1. Turn on radio. The radio display shows "SAFE".
  2. Press the FM2 and RDS buttons simultaneously and hold until "1000" shows on the display. Release the buttons. Do NOT press these buttons again, otherwise the radio will consider "1000" to be the code.
  3. Use Preset buttons 1 ... 4 to enter the four-digit code number from your radio card. Preset button 1 corresponds to the first digit, Preset button 2 corresponds to the second digit, etc. Each press of the button increments the number by 1.
  4. Once the code shown on the display is correct, press the FM2 and RDS buttons simultaneously and hold until the word "SAFE" appears in the display, then release the buttons.
  5. The radio should unlock and be usable shortly afterwards.
  6. If an incorrect code is entered, the word "SAFE" appears, first flashing and then continuously. You can repeat the above steps to unlock the radio once more, the number of attempts will be shown in the display. If an incorrect code is entered again, you radio will be locked for about one hour. After one hour - the radio must stay on and the key must remain in the ignition lock - if the display goes out, the you can repeat the above procedure to unlock again. The cycle - two attempts, one hour lock-up - still applies.
  7. If you lose your radio code, contact your Audi dealer.

Note: Some European market Concert radios have a TP button instead of the FM2 button, so the description above with those units would require pressing the TP and the RDS buttons simultaneously.

ou'll use,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yeah I was able to find this as well * still no luck with the code?

The code for it is 1488
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay I'm sorry for the delay on my part I'm going to try it now I hope your still there I ace two kid a husband and a friend to pick up each day...
yes just reply here thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well I don't know whatim doing wrong but my fingers hurt from pressing the fm2 and the rss button and nothing happens
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Anything
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
.?
Most likely you have an internal problem with the radio itself, just a double checked the radio you have is the same one that I sent you the reset instructions for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Mine is a boss symphony radio

Entering Anti-Theft Code

Audi Symphony Radio

Entering Anti-theft Code

2. Press the P.Scan and RBDS buttons simultaneously and hold until "1000" shows on the display. Release the buttons. Do NOT press these buttons again, otherwise the radio will consider "1000" to be the code.
  4. Once the code shown on the display is correct, press the P.Scan and RBDS buttons simultaneously and hold until the word "SAFE" appears in the display, then release the buttons.
Audi expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 30 yrs experience, ase certified, shop owner
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OMG!!!!! Your a fu**ing Genius....that worked! I'm so ready to pay you! I thank you so so much I was so stressed out with this whole situation I now someone else who's going through the same thing ,,,hoe can I get back in touch with you if I wanted to recommend her to you.