Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified with L1 Certification, Volkswagen Certified, VW and Audi repair shop owner

2000 audi Tt: change the fuel filter and fuel pump..FWD

Customer Question

How hard is it to change the fuel filter and fuel pump in an 2000 audi Tt FWD
Category: Audi
Expert:  Danny replied 6 years ago.
Thanging the filter is pretty easy. It's in front of the right rear tire under the car and the filter has quick release lines. You gently push a release on the fuel line connector
and pull each line off. The fuel pump is a little more difficult. It is in the tank and accessed by removing a panel in the trunk under the carpet. Then you have to disconnect the hoses and electrical connector
and spin a securing ring counter clockwise to remove the pump and level sender. The tricky part is making sue the pump is reinstalled correctly or the fuel gauge won't read correctly.
I would possibly leave the pump to a pro but if not I can provide pictures.