RS4 Tech
RS4 Tech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Audi Expert Registered Technican and ASE Master Automotive Technican with 10 years of experience
46408773

2003 audi a4: CD player is not working and showing error code

I have a 2003 audi a4 1.8t. CD player is not working and showing error code 3. Can anyone explain the error code?

Hello and welcome to Just Answer,

The error codes are specific to the manufacturer and used for their diagnosis when refurbishing the units. If any error code is displayed you will need to buy a new radio. You can purchase a factory re manufactured radio from this website for under $40.00.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B6_A4-Quattro-1.8T/Interior/Stereo/ES435773/

I hope this information was helpful and if it answered your question please click on the accept button as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and knowledge.

Sincerely,

George

I noticed that you have not replied, or accepted, did you need any more on it? Please don't forget to hit the accept button though, that is the only way I am compensated for my time and knowledge, thanks.

Sincerely,

George

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry for the delay...computer issues. Can I install the new deck or should I have a pro do it? The unlock code concerns me.

The install is very straight forward, the only special tools you will need are "radio keys" which are also available on ecs tuning's website. They clip in in small slots in all 4 corners and are what release the locks that hold the radio in, after that it is just unplug the old one and plug in the new one. As far as the radio code, the new one will come with a paper with the code on it. Just follow the instructions in your original radio manual to unlock the radio. If you do not have the book, the procedure is simple. You hold the rds and pscan buttons in at the same time for approx 5 seconds, the display will turn to 1000, you use the radio preset buttons to change the 1000 to read the unlock code and then you press and hold the rds and pscan buttons in again for approx 5 seconds again and the radio will unlock. The first time a radio unlocks it will go through a learn cycle, the display should read learn. Be sure not to turn the ignition or radio off while it is in its initial learn cycle as it can damage the new radio. I hope this information has been helpful and if it has answered your question please click on the accept button as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and knowledge.

Sincerely,

George

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

Ok, good luck and feel free to request me for any future questions you may have.

Sincerely,

George