janoboy
janoboy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  7 years European car experience, shop foreman
1689875

2001 Audi TT: transmitter..way to reprogram the remote transmitters

I had to replace the comfort module in my 2001 Audi TT and now my existing remote transmitter keys don't work. Is there a way to reprogram the remote transmitters in the keys to comfort module without having to go to the Audi dealer?
Here is the procedure:

1. Take a spare key and insert it into the ignition. Turn it one click forward (ign. on).

2. Roll down your window just in case. Step outside the car, and lock the car with a second key.

3. While holding the key in the lock position, press the lock button. The turn signals should flash.

4. Repeat Step 3. in the unlock position.

5. Remove the key from the lock and the key from the ignition, and try it's function.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Janoboy,

Thank you for your response. If I only have the keys with the integrated keyless entry buttons, can I alternate between those keys to do the procedure or do I need to have the valet key? I didn't receive the valet key when I purchased the car.

Thank you,

Neal

Yes, you can do with those too. The pint is that the ign. has to be on while you're performing the programming.