Audi0405, Technician
Experience:  10 years in Vw and Audi Field

The temp gauge on my 2002 Audi A6 is not working. Most of the

The temp gauge on my 2002 Audi A6 is not working. Most of the time it does not register at all, other times it does intermittently. In addition, it occasionally thinks that the car is overheating, even when I just start it in the morning. Is this the temp sensor? Is it easy to replace?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!

Does the overheat light come on when the vehicle is cold or just the temp gage goes high??
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The overheat light comes on occasionally when the car is cold, hot, whenever, never seems a rhyme or reason. The temp gauge never has gone past half (straight up). It has only worked very occasionally.
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 6 years ago.
Ok i would start by replacing the engine coolant temp sensor . These are very common to fail . I hope this helps.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!