Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician
Experience:  10 years in Vw and Audi Field
22815973

The airconditioning and radiator fan in my 2001 Audi TT are

The airconditioning and radiator fan in my 2001 Audi TT are not working. I had to leave the vehicle at a rural garage and obtain transportation to the city. I may have to get it towed but first my question:

1. the garage thinks both problems have a common link......they did check the fuse...what could it be and where would the item be located.

2. the garage will attempt repair but do not have an wiring schematics and have asked me to provide plus an internet diagnostic.

Can some one provide both to me?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!

What has been checked ??
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The malfunction occurred enroute to my home and the vehicle was left behind. I don't know all that was checked but the fuse on top of the battery was mentioned as being ok

Expert:  Audi0405 replied 4 years ago.
Ok if the fuses have been checked then you will need to make sure the fans are getting power from the fan control module all they will need to do is remove the connectors at the bottom of the fan shroud and see if they are getting power if they are getting power and still not working then you have faulty fan if there is no power there then more then likely you have a faulty fan control module wich is very common to fail . If the fans do not work the ac will not work . I hope this helps.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your reply and my internet search of Audi Forum suggested this might be the case. Your reply confirms the testing protocol and likely cause. My question had two parts, first the diagnostic and secondly, the location of fan control module. I had sought a schemeatic that I could give the rural garage so they can do the repairs. Here is my email XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX Please send the schematic and I will agree that my inquiry has been dealt with to my satisfaction.
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 4 years ago.
Look at the picture it shows where the module is located it is better seen from the bottom of the vehicle #2 shows the area its located at.

graphic

Here is the wiring diagrams for you

graphic

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
In your opinion could any non-audi mechanic understand the wiring schematic you provided me. I have to be sure that if I purchase the fan control module .........that the schematic will direct and locatize the part that must be changed.
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 4 years ago.
If they study the wiring diagrams they should be able to understand it its not too hard. I hope all the info i have provided you has helped you out please dont forget to click accept for my answer and advice this is the only way i get compensated for my time and knowledge thanks!!
Audi0405, Technician
Experience: 10 years in Vw and Audi Field