Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Audi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

2001 Audi TT quattro: my battery died the stereo system..manuals....as

I have a 2001 Audi TT quattro and
when my battery died the stereo system came back on in "safe" mode. I have my manuals, but nothing on the Bose system..as I got it used. I found on the net that I need numbers from a manual to put in???
help if you can, I miss my music!! :) thanks
Peg Callicott
Lexington, SC
Hi,how are you?

Radio Units, Removing And Installing

graphic

Required special tools and equipment

• 3344 radio removal tool

Removing

graphic

• Insert 3344 radio removal tool into front of radio as shown.
  • Left side: "Top L" facing upward
  • Right side: "Top R" facing upward
  • Remove radio from dash panel.
  • Unplug connectors and antenna wire.

Installing

• Remove release keys from radio.
  • Plug in connectors.
  • Carefully slide radio into dash panel and engage in mounting frame.
  • Activate anti-theft coding (see Radio Operating Instructions).

Audi Concert Radio

graphic

Entering Anti-theft Code

The following is the procedure to re-activate the radio if the display shows "SAFE". It is important that the procedure be followed in the correct order.

1. Turn on radio. The radio display shows "SAFE".
  2. Press the FM2 and RDS buttons simultaneously and hold until "1000" shows on the display. Release the buttons. Do NOT press these buttons again, otherwise the radio will consider "1000" to be the code.
  3. Use Preset buttons 1 ... 4 to enter the four-digit code number from your radio card. Preset button 1 corresponds to the first digit, Preset button 2 corresponds to the second digit, etc. Each press of the button increments the number by 1.
  4. Once the code shown on the display is correct, press the FM2 and RDS buttons simultaneously and hold until the word "SAFE" appears in the display, then release the buttons.
  5. The radio should unlock and be usable shortly afterwards.
  6. If an incorrect code is entered, the word "SAFE" appears, first flashing and then continuously. You can repeat the above steps to unlock the radio once more, the number of attempts will be shown in the display. If an incorrect code is entered again, you radio will be locked for about one hour. After one hour - the radio must stay on and the key must remain in the ignition lock - if the display goes out, the you can repeat the above procedure to unlock again. The cycle - two attempts, one hour lock-up - still applies.
  7. If you lose your radio code, contact your Audi dealer.

Note: Some European market Concert radios have a TP button instead of the FM2 button, so the description above with those units would require pressing the TP and the RDS buttons simultaneously.

Audi Symphony Radio

graphic

Entering Anti-theft Code

2. Press the P.Scan and RBDS buttons simultaneously and hold until "1000" shows on the display. Release the buttons. Do NOT press these buttons again, otherwise the radio will consider "1000" to be the code.
  4. Once the code shown on the display is correct, press the P.Scan and RBDS buttons simultaneously and hold until the word "SAFE" appears in the display, then release the buttons.