Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified with L1 Certification, Volkswagen Certified, VW and Audi repair shop owner

2003 Audi: no heat blowing out of vents, cold air (ac) blows

2003 Audi A41.8turbo, no heat blowing out of vents, cold air (ac) blows fine, but not the heat. Don't know what the problem is........
Category: Audi
Expert:  Danny replied 4 years ago.
Customer

You'll need to feel the heater core hoses next to the battery to see if they are both hot or not.

It's common for the heater cores no these cars to plug up, manually flushing them out with a garden hose often restores heat to the car but it's sometimes necessary to have the heater core replaced.

Also it's possible there's a probem with the motor that changes to heat in the dash but you'd need a special scan tool to see if thats the case.

Basically if both heater core hoses aren't hot then you need to flush the core and for anything else you'll need to take it to an Audi repair shop or buy a $250 program for your laptop to scan it.

Danny
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is not the heater core, I thought you would have a better answer than that.
Expert:  Danny replied 4 years ago.
The heater cores on these PLUG it's the most common reason for these not having heat. And I told you that if both hoses are hot then it's one of the flap motors in the dash, for which you'll need a scan tool to diagnose.

I don't know how I could have a better answer than that since it's the correct one.

I do this for a living and own my own shop, so I have a pretty firm grasp on what the problem is.

Danny

Edited by Danny on 12/3/2009 at 8:42 PM EST
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Certified with L1 Certification, Volkswagen Certified, VW and Audi repair shop owner