Justin
Justin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Audi master tech
16960469

2001 Audi TT: rear) drivers side only are..rain..leaking..interior

2001 Audi TT convertible floor pans (front and rear) driver's side only are wet after every rain. No indication of leaking or wetness on any of the interior panels, or around the door or around the edges of convertible top. Also none of the metal parts of the convertible mechanism are damp or wet. How do I find the leak? Could this show up as a trouble code?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Justin replied 7 years ago.
the most likely cause for your water leak os the convertible top drains. the drains are located at the base of the top next to the door, to see them have your top closed and with a flash light look in the front most corners of the top storage box. there is a drain on both sides it will clog up with debris, flow over and on the the floor. The drain tube ends in the rear fender well behind the liner. sometimes you can just clear out the top of the drains to fix your clog others you will have to remove both rear tires and remove the front half of the fender liner to clean out the drain. I just use compressed air to blow out any clogs.
best of luck to you with the cleaning.

Justin