2006 Audi A4: The dashboard warning light..high pitched..periodically

The dashboard warning light and high pitched sound on my 2006 Audi A4 has been coming on periodically. What does that mean?
Category: Audi
Expert:  JOE AUDI replied 7 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX you describe the the warning light? And where is it located?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It's the Brake light on the dashboard that is periodically blinking red..just for a second or two and then turns off. It has happened 4 times this weekend shortly after I've put the car in drive and have driven a few feet.
Expert:  JOE AUDI replied 7 years ago.
OK, if it is the light that says "BRAKE" then your brake fluid is low. The warning is to let you know that the brake fluid reservouir is low, most likely due to the brake pads being near their wear limit. You will need to have your brake pads inspected. I recommend only Audi parts and that a qualified Audi technician do the work. You could add brake fluid to make the light go off, but I do not recommend this because the fluid level will be restored when the new pads are installed. If you have it inspected and the pads are found to be OK, then the technician will add fluid to top off the reserviour. I perform this service at no cost, some dealers will charge for the brake inspection.
Thankyou for choosing Just Answer,