marcpod
marcpod, Own collision repair advice
Experience:  i-car/Basf training, 300 repairs and 650,000 in Collision monthly 18 yrs exp/licensed adjuster

Headlight adjustment. Audi A6 1999 Avant Leftheadlights

Customer Question

Headlight adjustment.

Audi A6 1999 Avant

Leftheadlights aim down about 8 feet infront of car.

Mechanic gave me a small white plastic nut with some gears on the outside, and a tab striped on the inside. Said he can't fix it without a whole new headlight mounting. Dealer said same.Mounting costs $700. Too much to pay for a little broken nut.

Any other way to jury rig or fix this?

Thanks.
Category: Audi
Expert:  marcpod replied 4 years ago.
welcome to just answer. No there really isnt other than getting a new assembly. Have you looked for a lkq headlamp. What side is it. I will look it up?
marcpod, Own collision repair advice
Experience: i-car/Basf training, 300 repairs and 650,000 in Collision monthly 18 yrs exp/licensed adjuster
Expert:  marcpod replied 4 years ago.
Lkq has some either side around 250. oem is 860. Tell me if this is where the gear is ok.graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Any way to stick some gum in there or a screw driver or something?
It's a ten year old car.

I guess I could look for a second hand part from a junk yard?

Don't know what a lkq headlamp is.

Iy's the left side.
Expert:  marcpod replied 4 years ago.
Lkq is a like kind and quality that is what that stands for. Here is another option for you. Go to a auto body shop and see if they can set or apoxy a gear to the shaft of the headlamp. thye may not even charge you for it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you.
I'll have to look at it myself.
But, that's what I'd like to ask them to do, Go to a auto body shop and see if they can set or apoxy a gear to the shaft of the headlamp.
Expert:  marcpod replied 4 years ago.
if you need anything just let me know. Thank you