JOE AUDI
JOE AUDI, MASTER TECHNICIAN
Experience:  25 PLUS YEARS AS TECHNICIAN, AUDI MASTER TECHNICIAN
18349415

Electrical system..brake lights and turn signal

how much does it cost to repair the electrical system to support non-working brake lights and turn signal?
Category: Audi
Expert:  JOE AUDI replied 7 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX may be that you have 2 problems, maybe unrelated. Two common problems with your car are 1) the brake light switch goes bad. Simple and cheap.
2) The turn signal relay goes bad. The relay is in the hazard switch. Also simple and about $50. I recommend that you use only Audi parts.
As to diagnosis, we charge straight time, meaning the shop rate for every hour we spend diagnosing your car. That is why it is preferred that you take you car to someone who works on a lot of Audi's. We do not charge for diagnosing the brake light switch and/or turn signal relay.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX that's good info, the car has been in the shop for 2 days and counting. I may pull it out and just take it to an Audi specialist.
Expert:  JOE AUDI replied 7 years ago.
I think it will save you money in the long run.