ase_master327
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Audis. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.
907259

Have 97 Audi A8 4.2L W/trouble codes P0300, P0301 and P0302

I've replaced all the plugs and the coils. Only thing with the coils is I ordered some of the coils without the boots and had to order them separately and I think that may be the problem. I think only 6 of 8 of the boots are new. A week ago the codes saying mult. misfires and #1, #2 were misfiring, so I looked at #1, #2 and the boots werent all the way on so I pushed them on tight and now the same codes came back on. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong coils. When standing in front of the car, Which ones are coils 1 and 2? And if possible can you give me all the coil numbers from standing in front of car? Thank you, ads
Hi, thanks for asking...
Here is how the cylinders are laid out in your A8
graphic
Hope it helps.