Auditech77
Auditech77, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years Audi Master Guild Certified Technician
11961396

how to change alternator audi a6 1999

Customer Question

how to change alternator audi a6 1999
Category: Audi
Expert:  Auditech77 replied 8 years ago.

You need to remove the front bumper, pull the core support forward. Remove the serpentine belt, Remove the bolts for the alternator and remove alternator. If you would like step by step instructions please accept my answer.

Thanks, Auditech77

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
so I get a two line answer, I accept the answer as per auditech77's ask that by doing so I'd get step-by-step instructions, pay the €9 and I don't get any step-by-step instruction or better answer? WTF? RIP OFF. If ever a site would put the nail in the coffin of online "trust" it's justanswer.com. Well done lads.
I am sorry about that my internet has been down for days. I made a huge mistake. This is a 1.8t. You don't need to remove the bumper for any of this. Disconnect the battery. You need to remove the throttle body hose off of the throttle body. Remove the 4 bolts that hold the throttle body 5mm allens. There could be a brace between the intake manifold and block remove those 2 bolts. Use an allen or drill bit and lock the viscous fan. There is a slot on the housing behind the pulley the bit will slide into a hole in the pulley and lock in this slot. There is an 8mm allen holding the viscous fan to the bracket. Use a 17mm wrench and loosen the tension on the belt and put aside. Remove the fan belt tensioner bolts 3 of them 13mm on the front. Remove wiring from back of alternator. Remove 2 bolts holding in alternator. It may need a little prying to remove. Sorry for the delay and error.