Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I have a pair (and I do believe it is a pair) of Dolona

Customer Question

Hi - I have a pair (and I do believe it is a pair) of Dolona Roberts original acrylic paintings, each (framed) is approximately 38 x 42". My late husband purchased them from the Grycner Gallery in 1997, but that is all the information I could find on them. Each painting shows two figures in blankets, one showing the backs and the other, which I understand is very unusual, shows the front of the same figures. I have no idea of the value. I'm considering selling them, but don't know where to start.
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: They are in perfect shape and the artist's signature is very clear. I can upload pictures
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature
next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi - There are no labels or signatures on the back of the framing. We may have had the acrylics shipped and the framing done locally.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

Dolona Roberts (born 1936)

is a listed artist from New Mexico

known for Native American figures and landscapes.

These original paintings have a value of $900 to $1100 each retail.

To sell, try ads on these sites; artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house
near you that deals in fine art and consign to them.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars.
If you need more help, the question thread will stay open so that we can still talk about this item even after you have left a rating.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know. If we are done, you must click the stars to rate me and close the question. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I found the Gallery currently working with the artist, Dolona Roberts. Just needed to dig through her website. I called and spoke to the owner, Jesse. He valued them between $1500 and $2000 each, unframed.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

Great, it was a pleasure working with you.

Please do click the stars for me to close the question.