Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I am interested in the market value of a painting that my

Customer Question

I am interested in the market value of a painting that my cousin has. It is a large painting signed by Don Cincone which is framed with a 2 inch frame. The visible portion of the painting is about 29 3/16 x 39 5/16 inches. It is of flowers in a vase. The flowers look like a mixture of white chrysanthemums and orange flowers which remind me of 'Iceland poppies'.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Working on getting a photo of the painting, and signature. May have it available for uploading later today. Thank you :)
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

No rush, there is not a time limit here :)

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I tried sending the pictures earlier, but since I had no reply, I don't know if anything went through. Been having lots go on here. Including a bad 9 day course of the flu... Which is taking weeks to recover from. I don't recommend it. Anyway, I hope the pictures go through. The ones with the flash, unfortunately have a lot of reflection but show the colors quite well. The ones without flash mainly show the actual work. And, the color with his signature (right lower corner) is fairly accurate. The brush strokes on the flowers have a lot of 'depth' from his technique, especially on the chrysanthemums, and they appear to 'lift off' the canvass, or 'appear' 3D.If you would like close ups of parts, let me know. And maybe we can take it outside for a more accurate photo showing the colors... If it stops raining, and the sun comes out. We're in California getting much needed rain. But, of course it wouldn't be good for the painting. But maybe flash close ups would help you? Or we can try to get more light on it from other sources inside. Sorry this is so lengthy. Thank you!
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the images. Hope you are feeling better, I was downed by a bout of the cold/flu *and* a concussion. Highly *not* recommended.

The 'depth' you see on the surface of the painting is referred to as 'impasto' which means the paint is built-up on the surface

Your vintage original floral still life painting by Don Cincone (b.1936) could carry an auction estimate of $400 - $800 on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora