rarewares
rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

We have a Kinkade. On the back it reads Mountain Majesty

Customer Question

We have a Thomas Kinkade. On the back it reads Mountain Majesty (small) Lithograph. 12/30/2007. Reg #(###) ###-#### 253 Batch #819 Frm Style 3. Can you tell me what it is worth? It was a gift.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: How do I find out what it is worth?
JA: Is there anything else the Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 11 days ago.

This Thomas Kinkade 2007 lithograph (print) titled Mountain Majesty has a current value of $425 if it is on paper with no limited edition numbers (100/350 for example on the front edge margin, outside the image). If it has a limited edition number as I mentioned or the letters AP, GP or PP, then it is worth $1200 to $1800. This would mean it is a limited edition version AND is either an Artist' Proof, Publisher's Proof, or Gallery Proof which have a higher value. The value is $700 if it is on canvas. From the information you have given, it looks to be the $425 open edition small print of this image.

To sell, try ads on these sites; artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house
near you that deals in fine art and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 9 days ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.