Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I've just found a picture from Sills Gallery and I'm not

Customer Question

Good morning. I've just found a picture from Robert Sills Gallery and I'm not certain who the artist is. It looks like Sloan and it's a charcoal (?) rendering of a horse race. Being that the gallery is in west Hollywood,
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?
Customer: It's a horse race picture that I believe is charcoal. It looks like it's signed by Sloan
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 6 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups. Thoughtful responses take time.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.

Please send a photo of the charcoal.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris