Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I am interested in the value of paintings by Valery

Customer Question

I am interested in the value of paintings by Valery Balabanov, a Russian artist, as I have several.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Two were bought in San Francisco around the late 80's when Russian artists displayed in states for the first time. One is of a girl named Samantha which is of historical value. There was an exchange of two girl scouts, one U.S., Samantha, in a Russian scout uniform and another of the Russian scout in the American uniform. I do not know where the latter is, but I have the former.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: He was a state artist. approved by the government to sell his art, when that was necessary. I believe he may be deceased.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

--------------

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.