rarewares
rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I need help with a CM PADDAY oil painting from 1897. Can you

Customer Question

I need help with a CM PADDAY oil painting from 1897. Can you tell me if it's authentic and how much it's worth
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
original oil painting comes sold as shown, painted on board and framed. The signature appears to read C.M. Pappay, dated 1897. This is one fine oil painting, a masterwork of detail and fine brushstrokes reminiscent of Rembrandt’s striking seascapes. The frame appears to be antique as well, labeled “Carvers & Gilders / Picture Makers & Restorers / England.”
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

Charles Murray Padday (1868 - 1954) was an artist from England

and is listed with this signature and style, so it is authentic. This painting would have a value

of $1000 to $1500 based on recent sales of his similar paintings.

Try ads on these sites; artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house
near you that deals in fine art and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!