Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I recently bought a large lot of vintage prison locks and

Customer Question

I recently bought a large lot of vintage prison locks and keys at an auction. Im having a hard time identify this one lock. The lock is marked DEFIANCE PAT APL'D FOR. It measures 4 1/4 inches wide, 6 inches high and has a depth of 1 1/2 inches. The lock weighs 5 pounds 11 ounces. I want to know the name of the company that made it, what model it is, when it was made and what it's value is? Thank you for your help.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello

I wanted to let you know this question has been seen. If an expert can help you with this they will pick it up when they sign on.

Glenda

Expert:  Appraiser JM replied 2 months ago.

For some reason, this question disappeared from the system, and reappeared just now. I know it's been some time, are you still interested in an appraisal?

Jennifer

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ma'am, I appreciate you responding as fast as you did. I just got the question opened back up, thank you for your time.

I'm sorry, I cannot locate this rim lock!

I'll opt out and another appraiser should pick it up shortly.

Jennifer

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you.