Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have an Dzigurski and can't find the name of it. It's an

Customer Question

I have an Alexander Dzigurski and can't find the name of it. It's an oil framed
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: been in the family about 36 yrs 17x 21
JA: Is there anything else the Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: great shape came from Wally Findlay Galleries on back says 65630 in a circle there is 2/7
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.

Please send me at least one photo.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here are pictures
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
did you get the pictures?

Please know responses here are not instantaneous.

Yes, I received the photos. Thank you very much.

They really help.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I want you to have the best answer.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

In examining your photos, I noticed there is a brass plate on the frame. What does that say?

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Alex Dzigurski

Thank you.

Please know it takes quite a while to locate the name of a painting when it has not changed hands in 36 years.

Kind regards,

Doris

Looking for the name of this painting is an impossible task.

I have looked for several hours but have seen many similar paintings by this artist, but they were not identical.

If a painting has not been part of a major exhibition or not been sold for 36 years, there are no public, or perhaps even private, records of its name.

You could try to contact one of the following dealers that advertise they want Dzigurski paintings or have one of his for sale.

Lawrence Beebe Fine Art
P. O. Box 10814
Palm Desert, CA 92255

POCOCK Fine Art & Antiques
1200 East Las Olas Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

Golden Gallery
PMB 174
9457 S University Blvd
Highlands Ranch, CO 80126

Bodega Bay Heritage Gallery
P.O. Box 325
1785 Coast Highway One
Bodega Bay, CA 94923

Southwest Gallery*****
Dallas, TX 75244

Saks Galleries
3019 East 2nd Avenue
Denver, CO 80206

Pierce Galleries, Inc.
5 South Water Street, Nantucket, MA, 02554
&*****br />Hingham, MA 02043

Portnoy Galleries
6th and Dolores
P.O. Box 4131
Carmel, CA 93921

There is a possible son named Alexander Dzigurski II (born 1968) who also paints.

See the following source information I found:

"Alexander Dzigurski was (II) born in 1968 in Atherton, California. The son of renowned American painter, Alex Dzigurski, Alexander developed a love of art at a very young age. Traveling with his parents throughout the United States, Canada and Europe, he began to draw and paint intensively.

Graduating from high school, he enrolled at the American Academy of Art in Chicago. There he received training in the studies of anatomy, life drawing, composition and technique. Under the direction of artist Ted Smuskiewicz, Alexander studied oil painting and pastel. During this time at the academy, he also studied watercolor with Irving Shapiro. While in Chicago, he became an active member of the historic Palette and Chisel Academy and exhibited in the Union League Scholarship Competition, as well as the Citicorp Student Exhibit of Chicago.

After graduating from the American Academy in 1990, he earned a scholarship from the Institute of Fine Arts of Los Angeles. Upon moving back to California, Alexander began a dynamic study program with his father, thus leading to his premier exhibit in October of 1990. Inspired by painting nature, he traveled to paint the beauty of the Northwest and California. Alexander has painted in the Grand Tetons, Glacier National Park, the Canadian Rockies and the Oregon Coast. Along with his oil work, he continues to produce watercolors and pastels, while also pursuing portraiture and figure studies.
ASSOCIATIONS:
Palette and Chisel Academy 1989-1990
Oil Painters of America
California Art Club
Submitted December 2003 by Gary Cobb, collector of Dzigurski's work. His source is Cosmopolitan Fine Arts in La Jolla, California."

As you can see, he lives in California. If one of the galleries I listed can give you his contact information, this son or grandson may have the title of your painting.

This is the best I can do for you.

Kind regards,

Doris