rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser

In the May 1945 Woman's Day magazine, they featured a center

Hi Pearl, In the May 1945 Woman's Day magazine, they featured a center illustration by Roger Burlingame, and illustrated by Fritz Kredel, called Man Conquers Space....featuring 33 illustrations showing man starting to transport as a caveman with a pack on his back, to the wheel, to carriages, horses, ships, hot air balloon, on up to the Transport Plane of 1945. And many of these magazines are abundant online, ranging from $7.00 to maybe $50.00, depending on the seller/website/ seller sold the actual pages carefully torn out, on etsy, for just $10.00, 3 years ago. On the actual magazine page, it says 'large print reproductions available'....well, I found one of these prints carefully framed and what appears to be excellent condition, it was framed by Gairing, Chicago and Evanston. I found only ONE reference to this print anywhere online, on NOTHING on ebay, etsy, pinterest or any rare print sites. Can you please tell me if it may be worth anything? It would be 70 yrs old now, bought at a thrift shop for $10.00 I'm assuming a leftover from an estate sale. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks very much, Carolyn, Bloomington, MN
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The one on was already sold, I did print out the website's listing, which still showed, I did send an online msg to the seller, asking them if they had any more, how much they sold it for, and when. But no reply, so far.

Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the magazine, title page and condition.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
This is from May 1945 Woman's magazine, here is a link on ebay for the MAGAZINE:
here is a link to the etsy seller who was selling just the PAGES of the illustration from the magazine,
in the lower right hand corner it says 'enlarged print reproductions available, see page 53;
MY PHOTOS are of the enlarged print reproduction. Please let me know if you need any more info. I
have an older cell phn so it doesn't take the clearest photos...
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I m sending now....sorry for the wait, sending a note along with 6 photos.....thanks for your help!
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Just so there is clarification, what I have is one of the enlarged print reproductions, referred to on the bottom right-hand side of the MAGAZINE PAGE, from the magazine. It is the PRINT that I'm asking about.

Your enlarged print reproduction of Man Conquers Space illustrated by Fritz Kredel for a story written by Roger Burlingame

in a 1945 edition of Woman's Day Magazine has a current value of $80 to $100 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are some you already use;,,, Ebay and
You can also go to or and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!