Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

I have an Art Deco Chair with upholstered seat that I cant

Customer Question

I have an Art Deco wood Chair with upholstered seat that I cant find a designer of.
Someone told me that it's Paul MCcoff but I dont see a chair like this on line.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please send me at least one photo.

To send photos you may use the "reply to expert" or "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Let me know that you recieved the files! Thank you!

I do not accept requests for phone calls. I give my best answers in thoughtful writing.

Besides, you will have an assessment to print out. Please know, I did not send you the pop-up.

Thank you for the photos. They really help.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I want you to have the best answer.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you Doris!

Unfortunately, I cannot find a match for your chair. I will release your question so that all the other professionals can choose to answer you with accuracy.
I want you to have the best answer possible. Releasing your question is called "opting-out." I will not be able to respond to you once I opt-out.
I am very sorry.

Kind regards,

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 8 days ago.

Hi my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.
I will be glad to help you today.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
Fortunately if this is not marked with a makers name there is no way to know who made it, designers copied each other all the time. It is a mid century modern, danish style barrel back chair. It looks like it has some damage to the wood in the back, and the upholstery, is that correct? This can be valued for it being a Mid Century Modern Chair if you like?