Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Greetngs, I have this sculpture of and indian head on a

Customer Question

Greetngs,I have this sculpture of and indian head on a turtle, eagle, wolf on back side. It maybe of soap stone. It is signed Sam General. It looks like it was catalogued and maybe in a museum? it weighs almost 7lbs. I think it is from the iroquois indian's. How much would this be worth and of what time frame would this have been made. Is Sam General alive today? I have looked and could only find one item on ebay made by Sam General.Thank you for all you help,
Theresa:)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here are the pictures.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for trying:)
Expert:  Appraiser JM replied 1 month ago.

Good morning,

I want to let you know that I also tried and cannot find this artist.

Jennifer