LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

What is the worth of a stain glass window installed in a

what is the worth of a stain glass window installed in a church in 1926?
what is the worth of a set of approximately 5 foot tall brass candelabras (age unknown-but appear to be over 50 years old)?

Hello

We wanted to let you know that someone has seen your question. If there is an expert who is familiar with your window and candelabra, they will assist you with a value. I will opt out of this so they are able to see it.

Glenda

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. What is the size of the stained glass windows?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't have the measurements.
I will try to get them to you tomorrow.

Thank you that will help in giving you accurate stained glass values. I appreciate the help on that.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Lady Tanya65: Sorry it took me a few days to get back to you.
The stain glass window is 5 feet tall (measured to the highest point) and 2 feet 3 inches wide (measured at the widest area).
There is a wooden "interior" frame inside the window frame: measuring the window to include the interior frrame:
It is 6 feet tall (measured to the highest point) and 2 feet 7 inches wide (measured at the widest area).I also measured the candelabras to give you more accurate info: they are 5 foot 6 inches tall and the bases are 2 feet by 2 feet.Thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello: I have not yet had a response to my questions. I provided additional information 4 days ago.
Please advise if someone is looking into this.
Thank you, Susan

Hi Susan thank you for your patience. I apologize for the delay. I have had total hip replacement for both hips and am now home and back to working. I appreciate your patience. Thank you for the photos and measurements. I will begin with the candelabra. This pair is all hand tooled and beautiful. They are Italian and look to be in excellent condition- especially taking the age into consideration. I see no damage when I have enlarged the photos. These look to have been produced in 1910-1920s; and at 5 foot tall they were alter pieces. Standing one to each side these were exquisite pieces to set off the main alter. The value of this set is 3500.00 for insurance purposes and for resell in today's market you would realistically see $2500-2800.00 depending on where and how you would sell them Internet would give you a wider audience to see the pieces and bring you a higher selling price verses selling locally at a consignment shop or area ad. They are a very nice set and when cleaned the brass will shine as they appear to be in very good condition. I do not see much patina or aging to the pieces. This is based off of not having any maker marks on the item either.

The stained glass windows look to be in excellent condition I could see no damage when enlarging the photos. They are 1890-1910 in age. These are church windows and done nicely. The wood framing looks to be in great condition and the value on these are at 5' tall x 2'3" wide is $1800.00 each in todays market. if you are wishing to insure these the insurance value would be $2500.00 each window as it would be a hard find to replace these in the condition and workmanship these two present. very nice set of windows and look to be well taken care of.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Lady Tanya65: Hope you are feeling better. Thank you very much for the appraisals. The additional information about the items is greatly appreciated. When I have time to dust off and photograph them, I will be requesting appraisals of small medium and large picture frames with photos/portraits in them that also appear to be quite old. Is this in your area of expertise also? Thank you.

Hi thank you I am slowly getting better both hips have been replaced within a month so it will just take time. Yes, I would love to help you with the frames with photos and portraits. This is not a problem. Please take a moment to rate the answer also as this is how I am paid from the company.

LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience: 25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher