Robert S.
Robert S., Appraiser
Experience:  20+ years of experience in appraisals.
63759197

I have an old Ming vase with a on the base, one is

Customer Question

I have an old Ming vase with a mark on the base, one is supposedly from the 40's, 1940s, and one is earlier. How to get the value? Do you provide certificates or make certificates of authenticity?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! We are working on your question. We thank you for your patience.

I will opt-out so that the other Appraisals specialists online will see your questions.

Kind regards,

Doris-dfm925

Expert:  Robert S. replied 5 months ago.

Hi Marilyn,

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your vases.

Could you very kindly attach photos of them and also photos of the entire base of each showing the marks.

Also, how tall are they?

We appraisers do not provide a certificate of authenticity in this venue, but my answer here will be sufficiently detailed and accurate that it would more than suffice for estate/probate/insurance or other appraisal purposes.

I look forward to seeing what you have!

Many thanks,
Robert.

PS.

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

You need to be logged in to the JustAnswer site to do this. You can’t do it from email.

If you get stuck go here for help.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes.

Thanks!

R.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You are welcome - to get this, I need another 24 hours. So please if you can wait, the one is about or they are about 8".
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Let me know if you can answer. I will try to close the and ask later

Hi Marilyn,

Please take all the time you need. Your question stays open here for as long as you wish. I'll be here whenever you are ready, no rush.

Have a great day!

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Now that I have time, I will do that. I was looking for the photo from the original seller.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have refeerrals to three experts, should I close?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Referrals, sorry...
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a blue square mark w/letters. Since it will take me a couple of days to configure a picture and send to you in a folder according to Just Answer directions, would you mind waiting? If not, let me know. I can also ask the value you would place on this : Antique cts Catholic Truth Society Doney Rheims Bible, compact hardcover printed in 1956. Pre - owned. So you can give me that, or let me know what else you need. Let me know about the vase question. In a few days or couple of days I can prepare a picture file to send. It is simple but my camera needs to be downloaded, etc. for now...

That's no problem, Marilyn, take as much time as you need to get the photos to me.

Meanwhile please go ahead and start a new question for the Bible. We appraisers can do only one item per question as that is how we get paid by JustAnswers, by the question. We work as independent agents "on" but not "for" the site. Hope this makes sense.

Best wishes,

Robert.

PS If you are emailing the photos, the only address that gets to me is:

***@******.***

Mark the email for my attention, Robert S. in the Antiques category otherwise they won't know who to send it to. As I mentioned, I work "on" rather than "for" JustAnswer as an independent appraiser so all emails have to go through a third party to protect everyone's privacy. Thanks! R.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you just do the Bible? Then I won't have to send the picture. I can do that some other time.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If not, I will try to get a picture.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you!

That's no problem, I can appraise the Bible for you and we can do the vase at a later date.

I am assuming it's the edition in the following photos?

http://imgur.com/a/QWvEk (scroll down to see all four images)

Would you rate yours as being in better or worse condition that the one in the pictures? This is important as the condition of this work is crucial to its value.

Let me hear back and I'll have a full answer for you.

Many thanks,
Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
that is right. iT IS A SMALL ONE, AND THANK YOU, ***** ***** ASK ABOUT THE VASES LATER. I AM GLAD YOU ARE THERE, OR YOU ALL..SORRY THE COMPUTER DOES NOT TYPE WELL.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
HAVE BEEN REFERRED TOO MANY TIMES - WHAT IS THE DEAL? CUSTOMER SINCE MANY YEARS AGO. DO NOT MIND IF THERE IS SOMEONE WHO WILL DO THIS THE SAME WAY
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
a LITTLE WORSE BUT ALMOST THE SAME (COMPUTER TYPES VERY POORLY)

Okay, great.

Thanks for confirming that and the size (5 1/2" tall)

Description:

Small, 5 1/2" vintage Pre-Vatican II, 1956 edition of "THE HOLY BIBLE",

Douay Version
TRANSLATED FROM THE LATIN VULGATE
(DOUAY, A.D. 1609: RHEIMS, A.D. 1582)
WITH A PREFACE BY
H.E. THE CARDINAL ARCHBISHOP OF
WESTMINSTER.
THIS EDITION CONTAINS NOTES COMPILED BY
BISHOP CHALLONER (1691 - 1781)
Published in London by the CATHOLIC TRUTH SOCIETY

IMPRIMATUR BERNARDUS CARDINALIS GRIFFIN

Archiepisopus Westmonasteriensis Westmonasterii, die 14 Septembris 1955

First Published May 1956
The Old Testament; pages 1 - 1282,
The New Testament; pages 1 - 351.
Illustrated with 3 maps.

Value:

Given that the condition is "Good" to "Fair" the full retail/replacement/insurance value of your copy is $125.00.

Expect to get 30% - 40% of this if you were to sell at a good antique auction house or on line (eBay/Amazon, etc).

I do hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Robert