ncsunburst
ncsunburst, High School or GED
Experience:  I've been collecting for over 32 years and worked in the auction business for 25 years
61108514

My husband found this with his metal detector on our

Customer Question

My husband found this with his metal detector on our property in Southwest Colorado near the Dolores River. His metal detector indicates that it is silver. Any ideas?Linda
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I also metal detect here in eastern NC and I have dug different ones up. What these are Horse Bridle Rosette the back would have been filled with lead and a hook to go through the leather on the strap that went around the horses head. The age would be around the mid to late 1800's. The cap probably dropped off while somebody was riding across your property some time ago. Really cool find. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike

Hi, If you need further assistance don't hesitate to ask. PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is it worth anything?

Hi, To a collector it is probably worth around $25 to $40.00 if it is silver. That is what I price mine at my antique shop but put with other relics in a riker mount the grouping might bring more. Thanks Mike

PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your rosette? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.