ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP Appraiser: art, antiques, coins, collectibles

Cheetah skin purchased from actor Geo Montgomery (when

Customer Question

Cheetah skin purchased from actor Geo Montgomery (when married to Dinah Shore) in the 60's.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for the question! The market for these Cheetah skins has diminished in the past few years in the United States as various endangered species laws have made auction houses and antique stores reluctant to trade in them. At auction a well-preserved skin (with the head attached, suitable for a carpet) can sell for $1,000 to $2,000 depending on condition. A cheetah skin itself can sell for less, often at the $200 to $500 level, depending on quality and condition.

Following-up to see if I can be of further assistance as I noticed that you elected to not rate the question.

At JustAnswer the only way that experts receive any compensation for our efforts is if the customers rate our professionalism.

Please rate using the star system so that this question may be closed out and again, thank you.

Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 14 days ago.

Following-up one final time.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars and bonus gives me the best rating.