Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I am mind boggled at finding out the artist of this

Customer Question

I am mind boggled at finding out the artist of this beautiful Murano Art Glass. An amazing appraiser helped me figure out it was Murano but I still want to know more. Turned upside down there is a tropical bird look at last photo I think parrot ??
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

At your convenience, please send more images of the signature that is visible in photo image #4.

~Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for the image, I would really need to see a more clear, in-focus image of the signature in order to decipher this for you and determine the maker and value. Please send clear close-ups of just that signature from different angles. When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.

~Nora

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Signature
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Signature 2
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

May I know how the appraiser you worked with came to the conclusion that this is Italian Murano glass?

~Nora

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have no idea it's just what was said perhaps color and design I am not sure the bottom says G7306
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

This is not Murano glass, it is signed studio art glass and it is dated 1983 although the signature is illegible. The numbers are an in-house inventory number and cannot be traced to the maker. If you would like to try to send more images of the signature, I may be able to decipher it. The images currently aren't quite capturing the whole name on this to make it easy to decipher from the provided photos.

~Nora

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 6 months ago.
I am Josie, a moderator for this topic.
Your question remains open to Experts. There is no need to re-post the question.