Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Glenda, This piece has a hook on the back like a pendant and

Customer Question

Hi Glenda,
This piece has a hook on the back like a pendant and a overlapping something looks like my scarf holder for my girl scout suit.lol Some metal wear on back probabally silver plated.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello

I hope you are doing well.

I believe this is pewter. It looks like it to me in the images, and it is meant to be worn at a collar, with the point hanging down. It is a take on the Fleur De Lis, it also looks to be old, maybe early 1900's. What size is this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2" long top is an1" where the hook is the bottom is 1 1/2" and the two pieces that are folded over each other in the back do they hook to something?

No, I believe the top part hooks to the collar, then the person wearing this wears a scarf around the neck, the scarf is fed through the two pieces that over lap, to keep the scarf in place. It would be one of those high necked collars. Kind of like the way they wore the cameo at the throat. This would be worn there. Very much like a Girl Scout Neck Scarf holder except it has the top part to hook over the collar.

.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading it. This is important to me getting credit for my work.
.
The Victorian Brooch, circa: early 20thC, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $50.00-65.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it.
.
Clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this
.
Thank you for taking time to rate this.
.
If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question.
.
I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this.
.
I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda