Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have the G. Rossi marina painting of the ocean at sunset.

Customer Question

I have the G. Rossi marina painting of the ocean at sunset. It was purchased in 1952 in Italy What is the value. I have tried for years to find out the value so I can insure it. I thank you
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: like I said it is g. rossi painting called marina the ocean at sunset. My aunt bought it in Italy in 1952. what is the value
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?
Customer: all I know he was the most famous sea side painting in Italy as that says on the back of the painting. She paid $500 in 1952
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

There were several G. Rossi listed as artists. Please let me know exactly what the label on the

back reads, especially if you have a complete first name.