Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

We have 4 colored pencil sketches my father purchased while

Customer Question

We have 4 colored pencil sketches my father purchased while in Venice Italy in the early 60's and cannot make out the artists signature. Is there a database or service that could scan or recognize the signature by a photo of the signature.Thank you.Mark
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

Hi Mark,

There is not yet the technology or set-up for scanning an deciphering signatures and that is most especially because the vast majority of artwork in existence was done by unlisted or unknown artists. What you have ar actually hand colored etchings or prints and these were generally sold as tourist pieces by sidewalk or 'starving' artists. Depending on the size, these can sell for a highs of $20 - $45 each.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora