Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a Royal Doulton Bunnykins Policeman DB64 1987 but it

Customer Question

I have a Royal Doulton Bunnykins Policeman DB64 1987 but it has the trademark stamp from 1937 and it has been personally marked with what I'm not sure is the letter J and 6 or a 67 and 6 . Would really appreciate its value please . Thank you.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Diana F. replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.

When you say it has the trademark stamp of 1937, do you mean it has a 1937 actually written on the bottom or that it has the same royal doulton mark that has been used since 1937?

.

Does it look like attached mark?

.

Thanks,
Diana

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Diana, I actually attached two photos of it for you to see it properly. Please see attachments . And no it doesn't say 1937 but you can see for yourself. Thank you June
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for attaching some photos. I am keen to know what those hand painted letters and numbers are meant to stand for please.
Expert:  Diana F. replied 9 months ago.

Hi June.

.

I would love to see photos of what you have. It looks like they may not have uploaded though. Do you mind trying again?

.

For pictures, here are a few methods for you:

.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos.
.
Here's another way that works really well:
.
Go to http://www.imgur.com.
Click "Computer".
Double click the image you want to upload.
Click "Start Upload".
When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.
.
If those don't work you can email them.
.

Email the pictures to *****@******.***

.

They have to be sent from the same email address that you used to sign up Answer (which is usually the email address you use to Log In). It has to be the same email address or JA won't recognize it and they'll just delete them.

.
Make sure you tell them that you've tried everything and that you're trying to get pictures to me (DianaF) in antiques and give them your screen (customer) name and your real name.

.
That should do it.

.
Thanks,

Diana

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Diana ,I am sorry but I am unsatisfied with the NO outcome here in response to my enquiry regarding the "Royal Doulton Policeman Bunnykins Figurine" . I sent attachments with photos to you but you had said that you didn't get them . Then I have you telling me how to send an attachment. Like seriously PLEASE Diana, in my job I send at least 200+ a week.
I don't appreciate being treated like a dick.I will actually go down for a drive to my closest Antique dealer and get the answer I'm looking for and it won't cost me a cent . So with that I am requesting for a refund of the money which was taken out of my bank account asap please. You may have thought that you were merely helping me but I actually felt like I was being treated like an idiot.Please let me know how long it will take till my $48 is transferred back in to my account.Thank youJune
Expert:  Diana F. replied 9 months ago.

Hi June.

First off, there is no need to be rude to me and I don't appreciate the language directed at me. I was not treating you anyway in particular and I'm actually offended that you think that. I have provided those steps to every customer I have interacted with on this site and 99% of the time they're glad I provide it. Your accusation is a first and, I think, woefully uncalled for.

.

I do not work for justanswer. I come to this site just like you. I think there may be some confusion as to what you think I know or don't know. I have no way of knowing how you submitted your question. I have no way of knowing what a customer sees or doesn't. I'm not allowed that. Some customers use an app; others come to the website.

.

I'm sorry you feel like I was treating you like an idiot. That was not my intent. I work with a lot of customers that don't know how to send pictures to us and to no provide steps on how to do that would be irresponsible on my part. Just replying to any notification or email you get from the site will not send that reply to me. Neither will replying on the app or with a text. Those replies will never get to me. The only way to get pictures to me is the***@******.*** email address.

.

Also, most customers do not realize that a brand new email must be submitted to the address I gave you and only that address I gave you. The support email address that has to be used, is not a publicly available email address. Customers do not know it until I give to them.

.

I'm sorry you think my attempt at being helpful was insulting. As I said, you're the first to say that.

.

I'm sorry but since I do not work for the site, I have no control over customer accounts. I do handle any money or transactions. You will have to contact customer service to request a refund.

.

All the best,

~Diana