twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser & Author
Experience:  25 years of appraisal experience. Author of 3 books on collecting; President of Association of Online Appraisers.
57035021

I have in an old wooden 10"x6"gold trim frame an embroidery

Customer Question

I have in an old wooden 10"x6"gold trim frame an embroidery art piece titled "Death of Nelson At The Battle Of Trafalgar". Condition is excellent. Would you please give me the approximate value of it in today's market?
Thank you in advance.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 6 months ago.

Hello John,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

I need to see a picture of this piece.

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

I have your picture John.

You have what appears to be a machine-made tapestry depicting the Battle of Trafalgar, featuring the dying Admiral Lord Nelson in the foreground. It appears to be in very good condition (there is some damage around the edges and it may have been trimmed to hide some damage), although I can see that the frame is damaged.

In this condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your tapestry is approximately $100. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $40, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, John.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Hi John,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.