Sarah
Sarah, Teacher
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts in Education/English, Masters in Education
95368344

I have the discontinued fine china, Montclair, by Lenox for

Customer Question

I have the discontinued fine china, Montclair, by Lenox for sale. I also have the discontinued pattern "basket", by Villeroy and Boch for sale.
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: I would like instructions on what to do to sell my discontinued Villeroy & Boch, basket pattern and my discontinued Montclair pattern by Lenox.
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: I do not know.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Sarah replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon. I understand that you are looking to find more information regarding how to sell your discontinued China. While both of the patterns you mentioned are discontinued, they are still available for sale through replacement companies online. These websites are a good resource for you to find current replacement items so that you know how to price your items. In addition, some replacement companies actually purchase the items from people like yourself. It is best to find a local replacement company if you can so that you can take the items in to the company in person. However, that is not always possible. Another option is to sell your items on Ebay or Craigslist once you determine a fair price so that you can list them accurately. There are a lot of collectors on Ebay and it is a good place to sell items such as yours. You can set a reserve price to ensure that your items do not sell for less than they are worth, or you can simply select a non-negotiable "Buy It Now" price. It is free and easy to set up an Ebay account if you do not already have one. (When determining shipping, make sure you determine the weight of the China and size of box needed and use the USPS website to determine approximate shipping costs OR you can set the price of the China to include shipping and then offer "free shipping" because that tends to attract more buyers.)

Since you did not mention how much of the china you have, I am going to provide you with websites that provide replacements in both of the patterns you mentioned so that you can look up your items and determine fair value. (You might also want to look up listings on Ebay for items similar to yours so that you can do price comparison there as well.) I am also going to include a link to an Ebay article titled "Where to Sell Fine China" because I think it may be of some help to you as well.

For Lenox Montclair replacements: https://www.classicreplacements.com/china/lenox/montclair.html

For Villeroy & Boch basket pattern replacements: http://www.replacements.com/webquote/vilbas.htm

Ebay article on Where to Sell Fine China: http://www.ebay.com/gds/Where-To-Sell-Fine-China-/10000000016894383/g.html

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service and do not need further help, please provide a rating. If you are not satisfied or need more help, please let me know so I can continue to assist you. Thank you.

Expert:  Sarah replied 6 months ago.

Good morning,

I wanted to check in with you since it has been a couple of days since I responded to your request. Is there anything else I can help you with? My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. I’m always happy to address follow-up questions. If you are satisfied with the service, please provide a positive rating. Thank you so much. Enjoy your weekend! Sarah