Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a porcelain bowl I need appraised. I do not want Lady

Customer Question

I have a porcelain bowl I need appraised. I do not want Lady Tanza. Her appraisal was way to low.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.

I will be glad to help you today.
.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
The Italian Made Porcelain, Hand Painted Pedestal Dish, circa: 1950's has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $75.00-100.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it, clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this, thank you for taking time to rate this.If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I almost listed this piece for that amount and then I found out what the person that gave it to me paid for it in Italy and it was so much more.

Hello

I am sure they may have paid more for it in Italy. The only thing is that when you have an item and it becomes a used ( not new retail from store or shop ) the price drops dramatically. Retail new prices are much higher then resale prices. In Italy this may be more popular then it is for sale in the US, porcelain is selling lower these days then I have ever seen it and I have been doing this for over 45years. One of the reasons is the economies are so bad all over that people are not spending money like they did just a few years ago.

.

.

Glenda,
.