Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

A decanter, but this one has a 3 litre capacity, weighs 5

Customer Question

Hi Robert
A decanter, but this one has a 3 litre capacity, weighs 5 kilo without the stopper which weighs 750grams on its own. The box is wooden and covered in grey velvet and comes in at another 3.75 kilo. This is a monster decanter. It is made by Atlantis Crysal, Portugal for Harrods, which name is ***** ***** the decanter and embossed in gold on the lid of the box. Question is WHY? who would want such a monster, secondly any idea of when, thirdly what do you consider its value to be. It appears to be as new both box and decanter
Kind regards
ps I have had family staying for a month so I have had little time for "playing" as my wife calls it.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Robert S. replied 2 months ago.

Hi Chris,

Not sure why your last Q has popped up again, but appears to be an exact duplicate, so I'll ignore.

Best wishes,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am sure I did not send it twice, but will take the opportunity to let you know the angel stoup has gone to Australia for £495 great result!

Well done! Great price, especially since it was unmarked, an inevitable detraction that I probably should have taken more into account at the time.

Thanks for letting me know!

Just to let you know I'm unable to open your question on selling antiques to Australia because the moderator changed the category from Appraisals to Australia Law, which I'm blocked from answering. I hope you get a good Australian law answer from one of their experts, I'd be interested to hear what they say. As far as my opinion is concerned, it may be one of the few trading advantages that arise out of the Brexit decision.