Appraiser JM
Appraiser JM, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.

I have a 1921 Photogravure by Sillarinsky, "The Perspective

Customer Question

I have a 1921 Photogravure by Sillarinsky, "The Perspective of Life", portrait of a lady. Does it have any value?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the print,
signature and back of framing where there might be labels or writing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Don't know how to do that.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you through, or can you give me any information at all without seeing a pic of the is in good condition. Hand-lettered on the front of the binding and enclosed on the back - - no glass cover - - Hand-stamped on back "Sheet-fed gravure 1921 Handlettered 1980
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do I need to call you?

I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Expert:  Appraiser JM replied 3 months ago.

HI, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

The artist's name is ***** ***** Narinsky, known as S. Narinsky of Palestine. He took photographs in Jerusalem between 1910 and 1920, and photogravures of these photographs were issued by Jamal Brothers from 1921 on, mainly as tourist souvenirs and postcards. There were 115 images in total.

Your individual photogravure would be valued at around $50.

I see you have not yet accepted or rated my answer. Do you have further questions on these items?

How do I rate an answer?

You can give your rating by selecting one of the five faces located under each answer. Giving a positive rating compensates the Expert for their time with you. If the value of your question is more than the value of your deposit, then your deposit will be applied toward the balance due and the remainder will be debited from your previously specified payment method. Please remember that your Expert will not be paid until you leave a positive rating for the answer.