Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I needed any information on this piece and if you could give

Customer Question

I needed any information on this piece and if you could give me an appraisal
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Tim in Appraisals replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon my name is ***** ***** is a pleasure to assist you with your question. What do you know about the stove?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I honestly don't know anything at all. The only marks I could find are the ones I blew up for you.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I know I have seen very similar stoves made by Marklin

Does it look like it has been used? Also what are the dimensions?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it has been used and seems to be older. It's about 6 1/2 inches high without the chimney. About 12 inches wide 9 inches deep

Thank you. It has all of the attributes of a Marklin made stove.

The design, the construct, the use of spirit alcohol burners and the well made pots and pans.

The mark is to indistinct to make out. See the attachment of Marklin Marks

The Märklin ( or Maerklin ) toy making business, started in 1859 in the toy and craft making region of Württemburg as W. Märklin by Theodor Märklin, is one of the great toymaker marques.

In 1888 the company became Gebrüder Märklin ("Märklin Brothers"), and the company absorbed the toymaker Lutz in 1891.

Märklin's toys are often recognisable through their solid build quality, the common use of stylised proportions in the earlier toys, and a certain stylistic imaginative exhuberance coupled with engineering excellence.

Later creations put more emphasis on literal precision and correct proportions, but the more distinctively toylike products produced between ~1895 and ~1914 are sometimes referred to as belonging to the "Golden Age" of Märklin.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The insignia is pretty distinct. It has a seven on top. And what appears to be two fish.

Yes that part is distinct, but it does not look like any of the Marklin marks that I have found so far. Please look at the attachment. That is the main reason for not calling it a Marklin. So far I have not found any companies producing a toy stove of equal quality.

Here is what I have found for you. There were several German toy makers in the late 19th century making similar doll stoves, Bing and Marklin were the main ones. A third was FISCHER Puppenküchen-Herd, (Doll Kitchen). I finally matched the maker by comparing the way the legs are made and the shape of the pots on the stove.

Yours is circa 1900. So far I have not found a trademark for Fischer.

Please go to this link and see the similarities: https://m.liveauctioneers.com/item/20477942_fischer-doll-kitchen-stove-around-1900-46-cm-wide#&gid=1&pid=1

The legs are slightly different in style , but the construction is almost the same. Look at the tea pot and the other pots. They are a match. The stove sold at auction in 2013 for $500.00.

I am still looking for more on the company.